Saturday 14 April 2007

Welcome!

Dear reader,

welcome to my blog! If you're interested in computer programming then you've come to the right place. In these pages you will find news, tips & tricks, code snippets and other features about the exciting world of software development. Most of this blog's posts will focus on the C++ language and related topics, but that's not a strict requirement. If you're not a developer but you are a technology enthusiast you may still want to land here from time to time as I occasionally write for a broader audience too. In this blog you will also find announcements about software applications that I write in my spare time and that I decide to release to the public, so stay tuned!

Now a few words about myself. My name is Marco, I live in Italy where I work as a C++ programmer for a small company that produces custom software and content for real-time 3D visualization systems. For the most part my job is about writing interactive 3D applications using OpenGL (http://www.opengl.org) and higher-level libraries like OpenSceneGraph (http://www.openscenegraph.org), but as a hobby I like to explore other fields too, such as web applications and mobile devices.

Why a blog, you may ask? Well, in the past years I've been actively following several mailing lists and discussion forums where I used to share my everyday work experience with other mates. Unfortunately this is a time-intensive activity that requires a relevant amount of free time. As my work commitment grew over the years I found myself having less and less spare time, so I've now decided to concentrate all my collaborative efforts into a single place. Such place is this blog, my own "experience container".

I hope you will find these pages useful for you. If you have comments, questions or suggestions, please let me know. Feedback is vital!

1 comment:

smartmobili said...

Hi Marco, I have some questions about your work on STL for Symbian. Could you send me your email because I cannot find any way of contacting you.

Vince.

richom [D. OT] v [..AT] free[.DOT] fr